[Udemy] The Complete Database Design & Modeling Beginners Tutorial – Learn Data Modeling and Database Design from A to Z, while creating an online store’s database model with MySQL.
- Learn what is a database
- Learn how databases work and why are they important
- Learn data modeling and the 3 levels of relational database design
- Learn what are the steps to create a sound database design
- Learn what database normalization is and how to apply 1NF, 2NF and 3FN in database design
- Learn how to build database relationships: one-to-one, many-to-one and many-to-many
- Understand better every theoretical step by following several concrete examples
- You will be able to design a relational database from scratch
- You will be able to answer the most common interview questions about databases
- You will have a concrete e-commerce database design schema to add to your portofolio
- No coding, design or technical knowledge required.
- A computer running any operating system. The tools used in this tutorial are FREE and run on: Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- Willingness to learn about Databases, Data Modeling & Database Design
This course will introduce you to databases and relational database design. Every theoretical notion in this course is followed by several examples to help you better understand database modeling and design techniques. You will learn, by example, while designing a real world online store’s database in simple, incremental steps.
Nowadays, databases are everywhere! Every web application like: Facebook, Google, Booking or even a simple blog uses them. Knowing databases is a MUST for every web developer. If you have no technical skills and plan to join the IT industry, or if you are already a developer who wants to understand more about databases and the backend, or you are simply interested in the subject, then this course is for you.
Sound database design reduces data redundancy to a minimum, improves data retrieval speed and ensures the database will adapt easily to future changes.
In this course you will learn relational database design with step-by-step, practical examples. This video tutorial cover the following topics:
- What is a database?
- How databases work? The power database indexes.
- What are some different types of database management systems (DBMS)
- What is a relational database? What are tables, columns, primary keys, foreign keys, relationships, and much more
- What is database design and why is database design important?
- What are the 3 levels of database design? Conceptual, Logical and Physical database design.
- Data modeling and database design tools. You will also learn how to setup MySQL Workbench on you computer and how to use it to design a database
- What database normalization is and how to apply the three normal forms (1NF, 2NF, 3NF)
- What data redundancy means?
- How to design and create database relationships: one-to-one, many-to-one and many-to-many relationships.
- Complete the design of an online store. Create entities and attributes for: products, items, customers, categories, brands, reviews, etc.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to use it’s forward engineering feature to create the actual database on MySQL Server.
Every technical lecture has a screenshot of the database schema.
Enroll now and I’ll see you on the other side!
Special thanks to artmonkey & makyzz / Freepik for the course image design.
- Students just getting started with databases
- Students who want to land a new job as software developers
- Developers wanting to learn more about Database Design
[Udemy] The Complete Database Design & Modeling Beginners Tutorial
Tabel Of Content : Udemy
MP4 | Video: AVC 1280×720 | Audio: AAC 44KHz 2ch | Duration: 2 Hours | Lec: 21 | 252 MB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Download Link (Direct Link Google Drive):